You can reduce your operating costs, increase your properties’ asset value, and meet the demands of tenants for environmentally responsible housing options. How? By making your multifamily housing properties more energy efficient.
ENERGY STAR for commercial new construction buildings are intended to perform among the top 25 percent of similar buildings nationwide and will also meet EPA’s performance levels for comfort, lighting, and indoor air quality. The benefits of this recognition include:
- For building owners, it’s peace of mind that you won’t be left behind. Your building is designed to answer the growing demand for energy-efficient buildings from the marketplace. It has competitiveness built into its foundation by using less energy, costing less to operate, and generating fewer greenhouse gas emissions.
- For architects, it’s a way to show leadership … that you understand how to deliver the demand for green and the positive impact your work can have in the fight against global warming for years to come.
Southern Energy Management provides energy professional services that will work with your design and project teams to ensure compliance with ENERGY STAR and Portfolio Manager. ENERGY STAR has the tools and resources to help you save energy and money, while tracking your carbon footprint. Contact us today to bring our experienced team on board.
ENERGY STAR certified new homes are designed and built so that all energy efficiency systems and features work together to deliver better performance. The benefits of this single family and low rise multifamily program include:
- Peace of Mind: Tried-and-true best building practices followed by independent inspections and testing from certified professionals mean that you can be confident that things were done right.
- Enduring Quality: Value-adding energy efficiency features and a combination of materials and equipment deliver better performance and an overall superior level of quality.
- Wall-to-Wall Comfort: You’ll see, feel, and hear the difference of a heating and cooling system that has been engineered and installed to efficiently deliver comfort. Enjoy consistent temperatures across every room and a constant supply of fresh, filtered air reducing indoor pollutants, dust, pollen, and other allergens.
- Proven Value: Better energy efficiency and performance means lower utility and maintenance costs. Homes earning the ENERGY STAR label use 15-30 percent less energy than typical new homes, and even more when compared to most resale homes on the market today.
Southern Energy Management provides HERS Rater services that will work with your design and project teams to ensure compliance with ENERGY STAR certification. ENERGY STAR for New Homes is required for South Carolina Housing Finance Agency Tax Credit (Affordable Housing).
Contact us today to bring our experienced team on board!